Below is a list of uniform items that are mandatory for your child to attend St James’ Catholic High School. All items are essential unless otherwise indicated.
|Navy Blazer with school badge||Yes||Yes|
|Clip on school tie||Yes||Yes|
|Navy school jumper||No||No|
|Formal black shoes (not Kickers, pumps, trainers or boots)||Yes||No|
|Black trousers or navy pleated skirt||Yes||No|
|Black or navy-blue socks or tights||Yes||No|
In total, two branded items of school uniform are compulsory to be purchased from one of our three suppliers F R Monkhouse in Cheadle Hulme Precinct, Davensport in Davenport, Triple S in Heaton Moor and Debonair in Wythenshawe.
|Navy PE t-shirt with school logo||Yes||Yes|
|Navy shorts or skort with school logo||Yes||Yes|
|Navy long socks with school logo||Yes||Yes|
|Quarter zip top with school logo||No||Yes|
|Multisport top with school logo||No||Yes|
|Leggings with school logo||No||Yes|
|White sports socks||Yes||No|
|Bobble (navy or black) – long hair must be tied back for PE||Yes||No|
|Astro turf trainers||No||No|
|Football boots||Yes (Year 7 & 8 only)||No|
In total, three branded items of PE Kit are compulsory to be purchased from one of our three suppliers F R Monkhouse in Cheadle Hulme Precinct, Davensport in Davenport, Triple S in Heaton Moor and Debonair in Wythenshawe.
Second Hand Uniform
At the start of a new academic year (September) and towards the end of the academic year (June) we will ask all children if they have any old school uniform they wish to donate that they no longer use. We kindly ask parents/carers to wash the uniform before donating any garments. Any second hand uniform can be handed into our Pastoral office (Emmaus).
If any parents/carers require any second hand uniform please contact our Pastoral Office to arrange collection of the garments. If you are able you may wish to make a small donation to our school charity.
At St James’ Catholic High School all students are expected to uphold our high standards of appearance and dress. Please find below the main points of the school’s code of dress.
St James’ Dress Code
- Top buttons on shirts and blouses must be fastened, open neck blouses are not allowed.
- Clip on ties to be worn.
- Skirts should be worn on or just above the knee.
- Trousers must be tailored and worn around the waist.
- Blazers should be worn at all times unless permission to remove it has been given by the class teacher. Sleeves must be worn at full length.
- Tights or socks must be plain and of school colour as listed in the uniform list and must not be worn together. Leggings are not acceptable.
- Shoes must be formal black or leather style. Canvas shoes, Kickers, pumps, trainers or boots are not permitted.
- Where jumpers are worn they must not be tucked into skirts or trousers.
Hairstyles must be sensible and tidy and of a natural colour. Hair adornments should be discreet. Extreme hairstyles are forbidden. Shaven sides, fades and shades, mohicans or purple in colour are examples of extreme hairstyles. If in doubt please seek advice from your Form Tutor, Head of Year or Pastoral Manager before having it styled.
Jewellery of any kind is not to be worn. Jewellery worn in school will be confiscated and returned only to an adult.
Make-up and nail polish is not permitted to be worn in school. Students will be asked to remove any worn. False nails/acrylic nails are also not permitted.
The Headteacher has the right to send a pupil home to put on the correct uniform or otherwise adjust their appearance in line with the school’s uniform policy.
St James’ Uniform Exchange
St James’ has a ‘Uniform Exchange’ which is run by the Equality Group. We have a small stock of preloved uniform items that are free for pupils to take and keep. Our aim is to reduce unnecessary fashion waste and to save money. We would ask that if you have any old uniform that is no longer used, please donate it to the Equality Group. We kindly ask parents/carers to wash the uniform before donating any garments but we are happy to carry out repairs so they can be used again. The process is as follows:
- Donate your old school uniform items.
- Order items through our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange to collect your items from reception or we can deliver them to your child.
- Come back as many times as you need.