We encourage students to develop their leadership skills throughout their time at St James’. As a school we know each student and their unique talents and can match them with the right opportunities to enable them to fulfil their potential as part of the St James’ family.
The School Council is elected by students at St James’ each year. Founded upon both our Catholic values of Family, Faith and Excellence and the British Values of Democracy and Tolerance the Council has three key aims:
- To act as an effective voice for all students at St James’ and to contribute to the further development of the school
- To work alongside the prefect teams and the staff in the creation of global Catholic citizens
- To contribute to the wider charitable and community partnerships of the school
The Council meets every week on a Friday. The minutes and feedback are shared with the wider school via Forms Tutors each week to ensure that the Council reflects and acts upon student voice.
The current School Council is:
- Year 11 – Annie, Dylan, Ruben, Kamilla, Lottie
- Year 10 – Amber, Georgia, Spike, Thomas, Rodrigo
- Year 9 – Ben, Nicole, Megan, Roy, Nina, Gracie-Lea
- Year 8 – Job, Emilia, Leia, Orla, Josh, Leah
- Year 7 – Ben, Ava, Conor, Holly, Abi, Natalia, Sam