At St James’ we operate a cashless catering system at the point of till service. This reduces queueing times as well as allowing parents to see a record of the food their child is eating.
Although we urge all parents to take advantage of our online payment portal, ParentPay, we do have one cash machine available outside the assembly hall where pupils can load cash directly onto their lunch account.
There are two service points in the main canteen, offering a range of traditional plated meals and hot grab-and-go options including pizzas and paninis. A third service point in the Assembly Hall offers a range of deli sandwiches and salads. Additionally, pupils are welcome to eat food brought from home throughout the dining areas.
The menus within the kitchen change regularly to reflect the seasons, with regular theme days offered in addition to the core menu.
If you have any questions, including concerning allergies or dietary requirements, please contact our Catering Manager, Mrs Bradshaw, in the first instance firstname.lastname@example.org.
We urge parents and carers to register your details with ParentPay as soon as your child starts at St James’. ParentPay is a secure online payment portal that allows you to use your credit or debit card to pay for items such as school trips and to manage your child’s spending in the school Canteen. ParentPay is the preferred method of payment within school.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7
- The technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind
- Payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
- Full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at anytime
- Your children will not have to worry about losing money at school
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS
What are the benefits to our school?
- You can help us reduce workloads for all staff as no more counting cash or chasing debt
- Using ParentPay ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure – helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school site
How to get started with ParentPay?
Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, please choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account – registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
Once activation is complete you can go to straight to items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
If you have any questions, please contact the school Finance Office email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.parentpay.com/parents/what-parentpay-does