Careers Education Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG)
CEIAG is provided to pupils in St. James’ through;
- Designated lessons in PHSCE in Years 7-11
- Subject-specific information on employability and skills learned through subjects
- Collapsed timetable events eg. Careers Convention/Apprenticeship evenings/mock interviews/Work Experience
- Weekly drop in sessions (Years 7-11) during Friday lunchtime (Room 60)
- Growth Mindset and the culture of aspiration
- The Ready To Learn and pastoral system to promote good employability habits
- Relations with local employers and visits to school
- Work Experience for Year 10 students
- Curriculum Excellence Week – Year 9 Enterprise Day, Operating Theatre Live, STEM activities
- Website – information on the Careers programme and links to useful websites/databases
- Parents – information provided on Parents’ Evenings/Options Evening/Parent-Tutor Evening
- Newsletter – information on opportunities/events
- Training for staff on different pathways, destination data and labour market information
- Use of data to amend monitor CEIAG provision
- Year 7 – Dreams and aspirations
- Year 8 – Skills that I have and need
- Year 9 – Options and choices
- Year 10 – Work and Work Experience
- Year 11 – Decisions/exams/preparing for next steps
- iCould Careers Inspiration – www.icould.com
- National Careers Service – nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
- Greater Manchester Higher website – www.gmhigher.ac.uk
- PLOTR – www.plotr.co.uk
- Apprenticeships – www.getingofar.gov.uk/apprenticeships
- Prospects – www.prospects.ac.uk
Which? University – www.which.co.uk/University
Find out what to study, where to go and how to get there. Includes advice on: A Levels choices, Career prospects. GCSE choice and university and Student finance.
Moving On Magazine – www.movingonmagazine.co.uk
Moving On is a fun and informative guide to the options for young people: apprenticeships, work experience, gap years, further education and higher education.
Career Point – www.careerpoint-gm.co.uk
This website is a virtual environment for career information, advice and guidance, labour market information and apprenticeships.
The Apprenticeship Guide – www.apprenticeshipguide.co.uk
The Apprenticeship Guide is a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to find out more about Apprenticeships and offers a whole host of information to help school leavers make the right career choice.
National Apprenticeship Service – www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
Visit this website to discover how Apprenticeships can deliver a real difference to young people.
Careers Box – www.careersbox.co.uk
Careersbox is a free online library of careers related film, news and information. As the preferred digital new media partner to the Institute of Career Guidance, the largest careers body in the UK, Careersbox aims to deliver the right information at the right time to careers advisers and job seekers.